Using Prometheus end-point in ZebClient for Grafana monitoring
- A running Prometheus and Grafana server
- 1.Make sure the
telemetrypart of the ZebClient agent is enabled and configured to listen to all IP addresses on the agent node:
- 2.Update the EC2 security groups' inbound rules to allow access to the instance running the ZebClient agent on port 9090.
- 3.Add the public IP address of the ZebClient agent instance to the Prometheus server scrape targets.
Let say, you already have a Prometheus server up and running where the configuration file is
/etc/prometheus/prometheus.ymland the location of the scrap target JSON file is in
In order to add the ZebClient agent as the scrape target, first add the following job into your Prometheus config file, i.e.
- job_name: 'aws'
Create the targets directory if is not exist yet:
sudo mkdir -p /etc/prometheus/targets/aws
Then, create a JSON file with the following content and save it as
"<the ZebClient agent public IP address>:9090"
- 4.Restart Prometheus service
- 5.Verify that the target is available and in the state
- 6.Then, you create a dashboard in Grafana to visualize the metrics.