This technical document outlines a step-by-step guide for recovering a system from scratch. This guide is designed to help system administrators recover a system from scratch
Before starting the system recovery process, ensure that the following prerequisites are in place:
- Data is available in S3 buckets
- Database backup is present in an S3 bucket
Follow the below steps to recover the system from scratch:
- 1.Create a new Zebclient Stack The first step is to create a new Zebclient stack. This stack should be configured to point to the existing S3 buckets where the data is stored.
- 2.Ensure Server Configuration Points to Existing S3 Buckets After creating the new Zebclient stack, ensure that the server configuration points to the existing S3 buckets where the data is stored. This will ensure that the data is accessible during the recovery process.
- 3.Stop All Zebclient-Agents Stop all the Zebclient-agents before proceeding with the recovery process. This will prevent any data from being written during the recovery process.
- 4.Go to DB Server on the Cluster Navigate to the DB server on the cluster. This is where the database backup will be restored.
- 5.Stop the DB Server and Restore Redis Backup from S3 Stop the server and restore the KeyDB backup from the S3 bucket where the database backup is stored. Follow the guide to restore the KeyDb backup from S3, if required.
- 6.Restart the Agents After the Redis backup has been restored, restart the agents. This will ensure that the data is accessible and the system is functioning correctly.
- 7.Verify Data Accessibility Verify if the data is accessible and available. Check that all the necessary data is present and that the system is functioning correctly.
This end-to-end guide for system recovery from scratch provides a step-by-step process to recover a system, ensuring that all data is accessible and available. By following this guide, system administrators can ensure that the recovery process is efficient and successful.